Our guest today is the Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Health Practice at Accenture, Dr. Kaveh Safavi. Kaveh is responsible for developing and driving a growth strategy that differentiates Accenture’s offerings for providers, health insurers and public and private health systems across the globe. He joined Accenture in 2011, and prior to that, he led the global healthcare practice at Cisco. He also spent time at Thompson Reuter’s as the chief medical officer of Health Businesses, and he was United Healthcare’s vice president of medical affairs. He’s a seasoned executive, bringing more than two decades of leadership experience to Accenture Health.
I spoke to Kaveh to learn more about the findings of Accenture’s latest healthcare industry report: Digital Health Tech Vision 2018. They’ve identified 5 key trends that are set to change the healthcare sector over the next three to five years.
Accenture is also hosting a live webcast to discuss it. That’s taking place on July 28, 2018 at 11 am Eastern Time, and you can use this link to sign up to attend or receive a recording (Note: You need to enable flash for the link to work – sorry iOS users!)
- The direction of Accenture in terms of health, technology and the findings from their recent industry report.
- How extended reality technologies like VR and AR improve the overall healthcare experience for people through an efficient gathering of health information and how imperative for health providers and investors to take lead in innovating these technologies.
- The introduction of frictionless business models through blockchain and smart contracts including microservices as enablers are essential for scaling and effective partnership in health.
- According to the report, four-fifths of health executives believe in “edge architecture” to enhance hyperconnected health environments. Eighty-six percent of these executives also support the balance of both cloud and edge computing to promote technology infrastructure agility and enable intelligence everywhere throughout their organization.
- The role of machine learning and data veracity in their latest report and the challenges in processing these data.
- The Internet of thinking and how this relates to consumers and providers alike.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Kaveh Safavi on Twitter
- Kaveh Safavi on LinkedIn
- Accenture Twitter
- Accenture Web
- 2018 Digital Health Tech Vision Report
- 2018 Digital Health Tech Vision Webcast
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
Many thanks to this episode’s sponsor, Medable. Medable enables mobile solutions to globalize clinical research with anytime, anywhere participant data capture through connected devices. Learn more at medable.com and get a demo today.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices