The US healthcare industry is experiencing a period of profound change. A new Republican- led government is in place with a popular mandate to ‘repeal and replace’ many of the
The US healthcare industry is experiencing a period of profound change. A new Republican- led government is in place with a popular mandate to ‘repeal and replace’ many of the reforms that have transformed the industry in recent years, and healthcare leaders will need to adjust strategies to the wave of new polices and regulations emanating from Washington. At a more grass roots, operational level, however, new payment and delivery models are fundamentally reshaping how the industry conducts its business. Traditional boundaries between healthcare and life sciences businesses and professions are being dismantled. Meanwhile, new science and technology-from drones to the microbiome and robotics-are expanding the realm of opportunities for the industry. How will the future unfold?
The FT US Healthcare and Life Sciences Summit, now its sixth successful year, will bring together industry leaders from across the healthcare and life sciences continuum to explore the major transformations ahead.
Topics for discussion will include:
- US Healthcare reform: risk and opportunity in the new health economy
- How will value transform the business of health?
- Addressing social determinants of health-the next big healthcare challenge
- Skills and leadership: What will the healthcare workforce of the future look like?
- Is the future of healthcare virtual? Prospects for home care and telehealth
- Beyond genomics: the next big Innovations on the frontiers of science, technology and medicine
(Thursday) 12:00 am - 11:59 pm