Dr. William Kassler of IBM Watson Health explains the roles of Fear, Resilience and Self-care
With the combination of the Covid crisis and the increased awareness of mental health in the month of May (which is #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth) I wanted to dig deeper into mental health and find out what we can do as individuals and organizations to resource ourselves and those around us.
Our guest in this episode is Dr. William Kassler, MD, MPH, Deputy Health Officer and Lead Population Health Officer at IBM Watson Health. Dr. Kassler has held a variety of roles at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Dr. Kassler has received numerous awards from the United States Public Health Service, including the Surgeon General’s Meritorious Service Award, and the Bi-State Primary Care Association President’s Award for “unyielding dedication to community-based access to care for the poor and disadvantaged.” We certainly appreciate his dedication to serving people from across our communities.
He’s still a practicing internist and continues to hold office hours in his role at IBM. In this episode, we discuss the role of self-care in developing resilience to conquer fear.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Connect with Dr. William Kassler: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with IBM: Website | Twitter
- 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
- How technology and data can improve access to mental health resources
- Protecting mental health during a pandemic– By Dr. William Kassler
- IBM.biz/covidhealth – Confronting the Coronavirus – The Latest on IBM’s Efforts
- Empower your remote workforce during COVID-19
- GRIT Mobile Tool For Veterans – Getting Results in Transition
ABOUT THE HOST
As an engineer and business leader, I've worked to develop, launch and scale innovative products and solutions that impact health and wellness. As an entrepreneur, I know firsthand what it takes to start a business, build a team, and compete in the global marketplace.
On Digital Health Today, I leverage my experiences to help great leaders and innovators tell their stories and connect to users, investors and other stakeholders.
Meet our Premier Partners
Digital Health Today would not be possible without our valuable partners.