Our guest is Francesca Wuttke, PhD, the Chief Digital Officer of Almirall. Almirall is an international pharmaceutical company founded in 1943 and based in Barcelona – which is where Francesca is based.
Francesca is responsible for developing and executing an end-to-end company-wide digital transformation. In her role, she is responsible for finding use cases to apply digital solutions and services across the business and bring efficiencies that save time, lower costs and open up new business channels for Almirall. Francesca has over 20 years of drug development and healthcare expertise in both the US and Europe, and most recently, she led European investments as Managing Director for the MSD Global Health Innovation Fund and previously held roles at Novartis and Mount Sinai school of medicine, just to name a few. Francesca holds a Ph.D. in Pharmacology from Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences and a BA from Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences.
In this conversation, Francesca shares her insights on what is being done, and what needs to be done, to accelerate innovation within pharma. Francesca also references a great document called the 12 Commandments for Startup and Corprate Relationships (Click the link below). And finally, she gave us a little insight into a new accelerator program that they’ve developed: the Digital Garden Powered by Almirall. If you want to know more about that program when it is launched in the next few months, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
- A quick background of Almirall, its renewes focus on digital transformation and how Francesca sets her priorities on such a broad role
- The unique challenges and opportunities within the European market
- How to define and win buy-in of ‘Digital Transformation' within pharma companies
- Examples of great innovation in pharma like Novartis and Pear Therapeutics, and Otsuka and Proteus Digital Health
- Effective ways to manage immune response to innovation within a company
- Sneak preview of the new Digital Garden Powered by Almirall – Subscribe to our newsletter to hear more as it's announced!
- Top tips for effective working between Startups and Corporates – Download the “12 Commandments” by Almirall and HealthXL
ABOUT THE HOST
As an engineer and business leader, I've worked to develop, launch and scale innovative products and solutions that impact health and wellness. As an entrepreneur, I know firsthand what it takes to start a business, build a team, and compete in the global marketplace.
On Digital Health Today, I leverage my experiences to help great leaders and innovators tell their stories and connect to users, investors and other stakeholders.
Meet our Premier Partners
Digital Health Today would not be possible without our valuable partners.