Roberto Ascione is the CEO of Healthware International, a next-generation healthcare consultancy, combining a unique blend of marketing and creative services with innovation and technology capabilities. Under Roberto’s leadership, Healthware International has evolved into a cutting-edge, innovation-driven company working with some of the leading players in health, and many smaller ones too. Roberto is very active in the digital health start-up ecosystem and is an advisor to several companies both in Europe and in USA. He’s also the Chairman of Frontiers Health – one of the leading global conferences on digital health innovation that I was able to attend last year. It’s being held on November 15-16, 2018 in Berlin so put that on your calendar.
Roberto shares his insights on some of the exciting changes happening in health innovation, and what he thinks we will see in 2018 and beyond. So, sit back and tune into the discussion with Roberto Ascione.
- Factors that are contributing to the increase in antimicrobial resistance
- The role of digital health in improving and optimizing the use of antimicrobials
- How digital interventions can improve the way antibiotics are deployed in health systems
- The role of Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
- How patients and clinicians can address the overuse of antibiotics
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Roberto Ascione on Twitter
- Roberto Ascione on LinkedIn
- Healthware International on the Web
- Healthware International on Facebook
- Healthware International on Twitter
- Healthware International on LinkedIn
- Frontiers Health
- Digital Therapeutics Alliance Founding companies:
- Pioppi Protocol
- Digital Health Events
- Dan Kendall on Twitter @ HealthTechDan
- Join Digital Health Today
Lightning Round Answers
1- What is a saying, quote or phrase that motivates you?
“ad maiora” – Latin for “Always towards better things”.
2- What advice do you have for others working to innovate in healthcare?
“Focus on good problems to solve. If you solve a tangible problem that people care about, everything will come along.” – Roberto Ascione
3- What book do you recommend to our listeners?
4- What’s a technology that you recommend to the listeners?
Anything that makes technology invisible, things that make the human and machine interactions seamless and natural.
5- If I gave you a check for $5 million for you to invest in health technology today, how would you invest it?
Preventive, passively driven solutions. Data is key, but has to be collected passively. Technology that gathers data and informs us about preventing behaviors.
6- We make a contribution to a charity in appreciation of your time on the show – what charity have you selected and can you tell us a little about what they do?
Recycle Health – RecycleHealth provides refurbished trackers to underserved populations to help improve their health and fitness
ABOUT THE HOST
As an engineer and business leader, I've worked to develop, launch and scale innovative products and solutions that impact health and wellness. As an entrepreneur, I know firsthand what it takes to start a business, build a team, and compete in the global marketplace.
On Digital Health Today, I leverage my experiences to help great leaders and innovators tell their stories and connect to users, investors and other stakeholders.