Frontiers Health Program Highlights for the 2017 Berlin Event
The age of healthcare convergence has brought two great sectors of industry together: medicine and technology, creating new opportunities and themes in areas like health technology, digital therapies and health insurance innovation.
Frontiers Health conference reflects the collaborative and agile nature of this changing industry, where the seamless integration of medicine and health technology is replacing traditional silos for better health outcomes.
Following on the heels of its successful 2016 run, Frontiers Health 2017 is coming back to Berlin this November 16th and 17th at the spectacular AXICA, a few steps away from the Brandenburg Gate.
This year, over 400 entrepreneurs, investors and industry executives will be actively involved in enlightening keynotes & talks, engaging workshops, top speaker panels and many opportunities for networking. With over 100 startups and leading specialized investors in attendance, Frontiers Health will also feature a Startup & Investor Lounge area where innovative companies and potential partners can meet for one-to-one conversations and potential deal making as well as plenty of business meetings and challenges with promising start-ups to shape the next wave of industry partnerships.
Frontier Health’s Chairman, Roberto Ascione, CEO, Healthware International, says: “Frontiers Health has fast become one of the premiere conferences in the digital health space, combining a unique mix of attendees and presenters from investment funds, life science companies, health innovation hubs, insurance companies and digital health start-ups, providing for a unique platform to discuss how innovations in their respective fields are converging to re-invent and transform healthcare. Any success story born out of the conference will be a success for each and every one of the participants, as they will feel that, they too, actively contributed their part to this amazing journey”.
The 2017 line-up is comprised of true global experts from different areas of the health innovation ecosystem who will share their key insights and personal experiences in highly inspirational and informative talks and hands-on workshops in the pure Frontiers style.
Key topics will be:
- Digital Therapeutics with over 30 companies in this space involved and a full session dedicated to the recently established Digital Therapeutics Alliance whose member company leaders (Pierre Leurent, CEO Voluntis, Anand Iyer, Chief Strategy Officer WellDoc, and Vincent Hennemand, VP of Strategy, Corporate & BD Akili Interactive), will take the stage and discuss the industry transformation, the opportunities for healthcare providers and the pharma industry, and what efforts are underway to define new protocols of care and measures of clinical effectiveness thanks to what has been defined the 3rd wave of medicine.
- A joint presentation by Roche (Tim Jürgens, Head at Roche Diabetes Care New Business Models) and mySugr (Anton Kittelberger, CFO) to talk about one of the most notable deals of 2017
- How established players are reinventing themselves through Digital Health Innovations will be the guiding theme of the Transforming Pharma session, introduced by Paul Tunnah, CEO, pharmaphorum media with: Francesco Acanfora, Head of Digital Innovation & Services, MENARINI Group; Eugene Borukhovich; Global Head, Digital Health Innovation, Bayer; Fiona Cook, Senior Manager, Global Corporate Responsibility Programs & Steffen Kurzawa, Head Global Communications and Corporate Responsibility, Sandoz International; Lana Ghanem, Managing Director, Hikma Ventures and John Gordon, Head of Digital, Internal Medicine, International Developed Markets, Pfizer Ltd
- “The Medicine of Me” or how food, music, movement and the creative arts are able to activate the strength of the inner-self with measurable clinical outcomes will be discussed in several keynotes inclduing Music Medicine by Walter Werzowa, Founder, MusikVergnuegen and HealthTunes™, and Klaus Laczika, Doctorate, Medical University of Vienna and Digital Nutrition by Valerio Nannini, SVP, Head of Strategies and Performance, Nestlé.
- How pharma can create and deliver highly valuable customer experiences will be explored at the Innovating Customer Engagement workshop jointly run by Intouch Solutions and Healthware.
- The game changing role that investors and large start-ups are playing in redefining the healthcare ecosystem will be presented in two key sessions:
- Will M&A be the key to scaling Digital Health? A panel moderated by Marc Slujis, Advisor, Digital Health Investment, featuring investors and (recently acquired) digital health companies: Francesca Domenech Wuttke, Managing Director/Investment Principal Europe, MSD Global Health Innovation Fund; Christoph Ruedig, Partner, Albion Capital; Marco Mohwinckel, VP of Strategy, WebMD; Marc Berrebi, Founder, eDevice; Steven Yecies, Venture Partner, OrbiMed.
- Meet the Game Changers introduced by Unity Stoakes, Cofounder and President StartUp Health, with participation from: Sarah Kerruish, Chief Patient Officer, Antidote; Chris Hodkinson, VP Business Development, Owlstone Medical Ltd; Michael Fergusson, CEO, Ayogo Health Inc.; Jordan Shlain, Founder & Chairman, HealthLoop.
Two highly curated session will be dedicated to the future of Health Insurance (moderated by Frederic Llordachs, Co-founder, Partner & Global Business Development Manager, Doctoralia) and Clinical Trials (moderated by Nana Bit-Avragim, Head of Strategic Relations, Medicinisto).
Top speakers line-up include among the others Jeff Dachis, Founder and CEO, One Drop, on how will Pharma adapt to the Digital Health reality, Indra Ioshi, Clinical Lead for NHS England talking How is the NHS going Digital?, Mariarosaria Taddeo, Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute, focusing on Digital Ethics to Harness The Value of AI Applications in Healthcare, and Bart van der Sloot, Senior Researcher, Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology and Society (TILT) exploring Privacy and data protection in digital health.
About Frontiers Health
Frontiers Health is a spin off event of Frontiers Conferences, which designs and produces international conferences about technology and innovation since 2005. The yearly Frontiers Conference in Milan has become Italy’s leading conference for business, design and technology. The company was co-founded by Matteo Penzo, who also founded “Talent Garden”, the biggest co-working space in Milan, and is a technology practice executive at frog, and by Leandro Agro’ – a designer and entrepreneur with more than 20 years’ experience in the field of design and business innovation. Frontiers Health is chaired by Roberto Ascione, CEO of Healthware, the co-host organization of the yearly Frontiers Health conference.