In this region, patients will visit the pharmacy 12 times per year. With low access to physicians, the role of the independent pharmacist is critical for healthcare In this discussion with Farouk Meralli, CEO of mClinica, we explore:
- How Farouk’s passion for public health and experiences in pharma prepared him to transform the pharmacy structure in Asia
- Why is their platform SwipeRx gaining traction in this region
- What use-cases are they solving for pharmacists and individuals
Farouk Meralli is the Founder of mClinica Pharmacy Solutions, a healthcare startup connecting pharmacies in emerging markets through a common mobile technology platform. mClinica operates across Southeast Asia connecting over 40,000 pharmacies and 170,000 pharmacy professionals which reach over 150 million patients.
Previously, Farouk held senior roles in strategy and product development at global pharmaceutical companies Pfizer, Sanofi, and Roche. He is the recipient of the Harvard Alumni Public Health Innovator Award, an Endeavor Entrepreneur, a Board Advisor at PATH, and the Chair and Founder of a non-profit organization, Borderless World Volunteers. He holds a Bachelors in Biomedical Sciences and International Development Studies from McGill University and a Masters in Health Policy and Management from Harvard University.
Guest’s Links and Resources:
Host’s Links and Resources:
- Connect with Tony Estrella: Twitter | LinkedIn | Personal Website
- Connect with Taliossa
- Read Tony’s Book: Comatose
- FutureProofing Healthcare | FutureProofing Healthcare APAC index
- Full White Paper, Summary and Video: A Vision for Asia Pacific in 2050
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Special thanks to: