In any health system, a shift to value based healthcare is a desirable outcome. Especially if it can be combined with patient-centric clinical journeys.
In this episode, Sylvana Sinha, the founder and CEO of Praava Health and I discuss the barriers and challenges to achieving this vision.
With her background in health policy, international law, and as an entrepreneur, we have an insightful and fact-filled discussion covering topics including:
• The cultural and socio-economic backdrop of Bangladesh, the 8th most populous country in the world
• The current dynamics of access and affordability facing Bangladeshis today
• The barriers and inefficiencies in creating a value-based healthcare system, including lack of labs, pharmacies, and overall accountability
• Lessons learned from Praava Health in addressing these challenges
• How COVID accelerated the need for more technology and new value based models
Sylvana Sinha Founder, Chair, & CEO
Ms. Sinha is the Founder and CEO of Praava Health in Bangladesh. Praava Health is building Bangladesh’s fastest growing consumer healthcare brand and raising the bar for healthcare with a brick-and-click healthcare platform that combines digital tools with meaningful doctor-Patient relationships, quality diagnostics, and pharmacy services. In May 2020, Fast Company recognized Praava Health in its 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards, and the World Economic Forum named Praava as a Technology Pioneer in 2021.
She is now poised to scale the Praava model nationally, and to deepen Praava’s brick-and-click service delivery model. Ms. Sinha built this company from scratch, largely based on inspiration derived from conversations with public health professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors in India and Asia and beyond, learning from what had worked in other markets and what made sense for Bangladesh at this moment of its economic development.
Ms. Sinha is as Life Member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She also serves as a member of the World Economic Forum’s UHC2030 Private Sector Constituency and served on the Task Force on Global Advantage at the Arnhold Institute for Global Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. She is a graduate of Columbia Law School, where she earned a certificate from the Parker School of Comparative and International Law. She also earned a master’s degree in Public Administration / International Development from Harvard’s Kennedy School and her Bachelor of Arts (with honors) in Economics and Philosophy from Wellesley College and also was a Visiting Scholar at the University of Oxford studying politics, philosophy, and economics.
Guest’s Links and Resources
- Connect with Sylvana Sinha: LinkedIn
- Praava Health: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Host’s Links and Resources:
- Connect with Tony Estrella: Twitter | LinkedIn | Personal Website
- Connect with Taliossa
- Read Tony’s Book: Comatose
- FutureProofing Healthcare | FutureProofing Healthcare APAC index
- Full White Paper, Summary and Video: A Vision for Asia Pacific in 2050
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Special thanks to: