My guest is John Reites, an executive intrapreneur turned digital health entrepreneur. You may have seen him on stage talking about innovation as a digital health evangelist for a contract research organization.
John spent over 14 years leading global drug development and healthcare innovation at Quintiles where he also led internal startups as the head of digital health acceleration. Late last year he decided to make the jump from global giant and is now the Chief Product Officer and Partner at THREAD Research based in North Carolina.
THREAD contributed to 4 of the first 8 studies that were done with Apple’s ResearchKit and they work with Biopharmaceutical companies, CROs and healthcare providers to provide a platform to transform remote patient research and care. On this episode we talk about the use of tools like Apple’s Health Kit, Research Kit and Care Kit as well as another platform that works for Android.
- The role of intrapreneurs in driving change in established corporations
- How clinical research has evolved since the introduction of EDC (Electronic Data Capture)
- Use of mobile devices in clinical research and by older age groups
- How Apple’s ResearchKit, CareKit and HealthKit are impacting clinical research
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Follow @JohnReites
- Follow @ThreadResearch
- THREAD Research Website
- Connect with John Reites on LinkedIn
- Email John Reites
- Learn more about Apple ResearchKit and CareKit
- Learn more about Apple HealthKit
- Learn more about Research Stack for Android
- See this Post about Virtual Reality in Healthcare
- Cool Healthtech at CES 2017
- Check out Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices