This is part 2 of the conversation with Matthew Holt of Health 2.0. In episode 40, Matthew shared his experience as a healthcare researcher, beach bum, travel blogger, health tech entrepreneur, and then health tech catalyst when he and Indu Subaiya started Health 2.0 in 2006. That organization has grown massively with conferences all around the world, and this October marks the 11th anniversary of the annual Fall conference.
In fact, if you haven’t signed up yet, you should definitely check it out. Their Summer Savings ticket is still available until September 6th, so got to Health2con.com or visit the link below. The conference will be held October 1-4, 2017 in Santa Clara, California.
In this episode, Matthew is going to make his case for rebranding Digital Health as SMACK Health, and while I don’t like the sound of it (sounds kind of painful) I’ll keep an open mind.
Let me know what you think. Is SMACK a better description for what we’re working on to innovate in health? We also take on some of the questions regarding the acquisition of Health 2.0 by HIMSS earlier this year, and Matthew shares his views on the role of Amazon or other big players in the delivery of healthcare. He also shares some of his own ambitions for himself, and proposes a new joint venture with Eugene Borukhovich – and it’s one I guarantee you wouldn’t have guessed!
Thanks to Nick Adkins and Eugene Borukhovich for tweeting questions for Matthew!
- The Digital Health Marketplace and the opportunity for innovators and large corporates
- The case for SMACK Health
- Social & Sensors
- How developer communities can get access to new markets and competitions
- Predictions on Amazon’s future role in the delivery of healthcare
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Health 2.0 Fall Conference (Oct 1-4, 2017) Santa Clara, CA
- Health 2.0 India (Nov 10, 2017) Hyderabad
- Health 2.0 Japan (Dec 5-6, 2017) Hikarie Hall, Shibuya, Tokyo
- SMACK Health Website
- The Health Care Blog.com Website
- Catalyst @Health 2.0 Website
- Digital Health Marketplace Website
- TechEmerge Website
- ZDoggMD – The voice of Health 3.0
- Dave Chase – Founder Health Rosetta Institute
- Matthew on LinkedIn
- Matthew on Twitter @boltyboy
- Health 2.0 Events on Twitter @Health2Con
- The Health Care Blog on Twitter @THCB
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
Watch this to learn more about Matthew’s nominated charity: