We are joined by Dr Rasu Shrestha, an incredibly gifted individual in the health and technology space. He was recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 26 “Smartest People in Health IT” and InformationWeek said he was one of the “Top 20 Health IT Leaders Driving Change”. He holds two roles at UPMC in Pittsburgh. He’s both the chief innovation officer for UPMC and he’s also the executive vice president of UPMC Enterprises, which is the innovation and commercialization arm of UPMC – we’re going to dive into that group, what they do and how they do it.
And, the latest news, this was just announced on March 19, Rasu has been named by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to lead the work mapping the electronic medical record to the FHIR APIs, and to create common data standards through industry partnerships. This could bring about the end of the interoperability problem that’s been the bane of EMRs since they came into existence.
Rasu is also the co-chair of the Health Datapalooza meeting which is being held on April 26 and 27 at the Washington Hilton in Washington DC. He shares why this meeting is important and what you can expect if you head out there too.
- Why the integrated healthcare model of UPMC drives and supports change
- The role of UPMC Enterprises in fostering innovation throughout the 80,000+ person organization
- The move from volume to value and how that gets measured
- The importance of partnerships in solving healthcare and data challenges
- How Health Datapalooza helps drive best practice across policy, public and private organizations
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Rasu Shrestha on Twitter
- Rasu Shrestha on LinkedIn
- UPMC Enterprises
- UPMC Enterprises on Twitter
- Health Datapalooza – Washington Hilton in Washington DC, April 26-27, 2018
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today