Dr. Amir Kalali is a highly respected member of the global community in life sciences and clinical research. In fact, for 5 of the years between 2005 and 2012, PharmaVOICE magazine named him as one its 100 most inspiring leaders in the life sciences as voted by his peers. Dr. Kalali was Global Head of the Neuroscience Center of Excellence at Quintiles IMS. He was responsible for the enterprise-wide strategy for neuroscience, encompassing drug development and healthcare services.
He is also a Professor of Psychiatry at University of California San Diego, Editor of the journal Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, and Faculty at Singularity University and BART X Medicine. He has authored over 200 peer-reviewed publications, and he advises several companies such as AI Cure and Bracket. He’s the chief curator and chairman of the CNS Summit, which is an event that we talk about on this conversation.
As you’ll hear on this interview, Dr. Kalali is really passionate about accelerating and improving the success of medical research through collaboration and innovation – two things we talk about a lot on this platform.
- Insights on the changes in clinical research, the improvements in technology, and comparison from past to present
- How clinical research and health care react to changes in innovations and lag other industries.
- How health is the new horizontal and touches all aspects of technology from cars to home appliances.
- The evolution of healthcare space in CES and what caught Amir’s interest.
- Current and future projects and collaborations.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Amir Kalali on Twitter
- Amir Kalali on LinkedIn
- Essential CNS Drug Development, Edited by Amir Kalali
- Journal: Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience
- CNS Summit – Collaboration for Novel Solutions, November 1-4, 2018, Boca Raton, FL
- International Society for CNS Drug Development – March 13-15, 2019, Las Vegas, NvAI Cure
- Bracket Global
- Pear Therapeutics
- Thread Research
- Save the Children on Twitter
- Save the Children on the Web
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
This episode is made possible by Medable. Medable enables mobile solutions to globalize clinical research with anytime, anywhere participant data capture through connected devices. Learn more at medable.com and get a demo today.