This episode features leaders from one of the very best design companies in the entire world: IDEO. IDEO is a pioneer of human-centered design and they work with leading organizations of all sizes to solve complex challenges. IDEO has offices in 9 cities across 5 different countries. I met Dennis Boyle, one of the partners and founding members of IDEO at the Digital Orthopaedic Conference. A few days after that conference, Dennis gave me a tour of the IDEO studio in Palo Alto where he showed me some of their work ranging from toys and voting booths, to wearable sensors and surgical kits. On this podcast, I was joined by both Dennis and Dr. Farzad Azimpour. Farzad is a cardiologist and the Director of Health […]
Denise is long time e-health advocate based in the beautiful city of Paris, France. She was one of the few Americans to receive the Legion of Honor from the French government, and she was awarded that in 2011 for her work in international eHealth. Denise and I talk about Virtual Reality, the power of reverse innovation and the business environment in France, as well as tips for getting the most out of the events and conferences you attend.
- The culture of Digital health and innovation in Paris;
- The establishment and mission of Station F;
- The meaning of “knowledgeable empathy” and how it is applied in reverse innovation;
- The upcoming ‘Reverse Innovation’ conference coming up in Paris on May 31 – June 1 2018;
- Denise Silber’s big take away in the Virtual Medicine conference she attended at Cedars-Sinai in March;
- How Virtual Reality was used by a mother during childbirth;
- Tips on how to make the most of the conferences you attend.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Denise Silber on Twitter
- Doctors 2.0 & You on Twitter
- Denise Silber on LinkedIn
- Basil Strategies on Twitter
- Basil Strategies on Web
- Doctors 2.0 and You on the Web
- Station F
- FAM X Paris
- Virtual Medicine Conference Livestream 360
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
Support for Digital Health Today comes from Optum. Optum tackles the biggest challenges in healthcare with innovative, data-driven solutions that help improve outcomes. Optum. How well gets done. Learn more at Optum.com.