In this episode, we hear from Timothy Aungst, a clinician, academic, public speaker, writer and, of course, pharmacist. In 2016, Tim founded The Digital Apothecary as a blog specifically for pharmacists to provide news and resources related to digital health topics and interests. Tim is also an advisor at HealthXL, a Clinical Writer for GoodRx, a member of the Digital Therapeutics Alliance Healthcare Provider Advisory Group, and an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
In this episode, we cover:
- The role of the Pharmacist as it relates to DTx
- How do we compare Prescription Digital Therapeutics (PDT) versus traditional standards of care?
- How are DTx dispensed? And how do pharmacists at the front lines feel about DTx?
- Do pharmacy services need to be redesigned in the context of DTx?
- Do DTx have drug interactions?
- How do we train current and future learners about DTx and the digitization of healthcare?
Guest Links and Resources:
- Connect with Eugene Borukhovich: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with Chandana Fitzgerald, MD: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with YourCoach.health: Website | Twitter
- Check out Shot of Digital Health with Eugene and Jim Joyce: Website | Podcast App
- HealthXL: Website | Twitter | Join an Event
Season 2 of Digital Therapeutics Podcast would not be possible without the support of leading DTx organizations. Thank you to:
> Presenting Partner: Amalgam Rx
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network: