It is a new year and we are getting started with a BANG! While most of the US is blanketed with snow and ice, California is going to be heating up during the first full week of January with a big week of conferences in San Francisco. It’s all starting with the Digital Orthopedics Conference (DOCSF) on Sunday the 7th, then Startup Health Festival on January 8th and 9th, and the JP Morgan Healthcare conference on the 9th to 11th. Lots of big announcements will be coming at these conferences, and of course there’s also the CES in Las Vegas that’s taking place at the same time – which will have some interesting advances as well.
I’m really pleased to bring you details of a new program that Bayer is launching at the Startup Health Festival. It’s the new Bayer Grants4Apps Generator program which is opening for applications the week of January 8th, 2018. To get the scoop on this new program, and also give an update on some of the programs that ran in 2017, I spoke to three people at Bayer that are bringing the G4A Generator program to life. In this episode, I spoke with Eugene Borukhovich, Global Head, Digital Health Incubation & Innovation, Barton Warner, Vice President of Strategy and Portfolio Management, and Anna-Lena Lorenz, the Global Innovation Manager and Ecosystem Coordinator.
- Results of 2017 G4A Accelerator Program
- Success of the 2017 G4A Dealmaker Program
- The Newest G4A Program: The G4A Generator
- What startups should look for in a corporate partner
- Four challenge areas of the G4A Generator
- Nutrition Support
- Managing Self-care
- External Pain Management
- Skin and Sun Protection
- Bayer's plans for continued innovation
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Bayer G4A Generator Program
- Stem4Health Berlin Meetup Group
- Stem4Health Cologne Meetup Group
- Stem4Health New York City Meetup Group
- Episode 22 featuring Eugene Borukhovich about Bayer's Innovation Programs
- 2017 Bayer G4A Accelerator Program winners
- aparito – combines wearable technology, an app and a dashboard for professionals to transform data capture during clinical trials.
- Oratel Diagnostics – selected for its non-invasive test to detect endometriosis – a debilitating disease causing severe pelvic pain and infertility in girls and women of a reproductive age.
- Sky Labs – selected for its device that diagnoses atrial fibrillation (AF) called CART (Cardio Tracker).
- ThinkSono – uses software to diagnose deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Eugene Borukhovich on LinkedIn
- Barton Warner on LinkedIn
- Anna-Lena Lorenz on LinkedIn
- Eugene Borukhovich on Twitter
- Anna-Lena Lorenz on Twitter
- Winners of the 2017 G4A Accelerator Program
- Digital Health Events
- Dan Kendall on Twitter @ HealthTechDan
- Join Digital Health Today
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dan Kendall studied engineering and found his passion in building businesses. His career in sales, marketing and product development has spanned two continents, and he works with clients around the world to overcome barriers and solve healthcare’s problems. Feel free to message him here and follow him on Twitter.